AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm accounting software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 2/16/2019 13:38 (#7324592)
Subject: Farm accounting software

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

2018 was my first year really farming on my own, other than owning a few cows and getting a check from Dad. This year I am just doing all my accounting by hand and its quite a bit, and have been wondering about moving to an accounting program. Parents use QuickBooks and I can use their program on my computer for nothing.

But Ive also looked at Trimbles software program, probably the Farmer Fit level. I have an FM1000 (first year with it and first piece of precision equipment) in a tractor for planting and sidedressing, and working on doing something for yield maps from the combine but haven't figured out what yet. So I could use it to make VR maps for planting and sidedressing, and to manage guidance lines and field boundaries. The ability to see profitability and to grow with the program along with some of the other tools like the VR maps are real positives to the Trimble program along with the accounting part. I see that if I bought the advanced accounting part along with the Fit level I could export the data right to QuickBooks.

Just wanting to get everyones opinion on both especially if someone has used both and can compare the 2.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)