AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not sure which is more fun in the winter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 2/15/2019 17:20 (#7323023)
Subject: Not sure which is more fun in the winter

Farming or appraising. We got dumped on good the last week with snow 2-4 deep depending on drifts. Today was cold with wind chill warnings. Go to do an appraisal and of course it's not shoveled out around the house. Wade through snow past my knees, and my fingers are numb by the time I get to the back side. Drop the $600 laser measuring tool in the snowbank and don't realize it until I've finished up the appraisal. Spend another 10 minutes looking for and fortunately finding it. Onto the second appraisal. Place is vacant, but plow did clean out the driveway. Another wade around the house plus 2 outbuildings, then it's discovered the access person has the wrong key. So I go to do another appraisal. By this time I've got it figured I'm measuring from the inside and no more of this wading through snow. Back to place # 2 where the new keys are still the wrong keys. Window over kitchen sink is not latched. I have a stepladder and with the help of someone pushing, I get shoved in the kitchen sink and finally on my feet on the floor. This place doesn't have the heat on and it's colder than outdoors.

What a fun way to spend the day. I think I'd rather feed cattle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)