AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct injection/Enlist and Xtend cotton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kwsteve
Posted 2/15/2019 00:09 (#7321772 - in reply to #7321462)
Subject: RE: Direct injection/Enlist and Xtend cotton

West Central Oklahoma
I've been running a dedicated two pump direct inject for dicamba and 24d so I only expose the boom plumbing to those two chemicals. It does make clean out a lot easier particularly with the extendimax rules only having to worry about the boom only. There were times I have ran dicamba and then perform a boom rinse, then an air purge and then another boom rinse and have sprayed peanuts after that. So far "knock on wood" I've not noticed any dicamba symptoms on the peanuts. I am totally dicamba cotton and I've not been confident enough though to spray any dicamba type cotton using that clean out procedure after spraying 24d or 24db without purging and letting tank cleaner sit in the boom for a while also, I have a gut feeling I might get away with it just fine with using a water rinse air purge and water rinse but have just had to many experiences with 24d deciding to make its presence known at the worst times. It is comforting to me however to know that no dicamba or 24d has ever circulated through the main tank or any of the main hoses or vales on the sprayer anyways.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)