AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Livestock guys-looks like rotator cuff surgery in my future, how did you manage??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Beefbiz
Posted 2/14/2019 09:06 (#7320021 - in reply to #7319661)
Subject: RE: Livestock guys-looks like rotator cuff surgery in my future, how did you manage??

all over Iowa

I had my right shoulder done last October - one small tear and two bones spurs on my clavicle. I put it off until I was having trouble sleeping.

I was 6 weeks in a sling and sleeping upright in a lounger. I had a 2# weight limit for the first 12 weeks, and now a 10# weight limit for the second 12 weeks. Doing physical therapy at the office once a week and daily at home (but not as much as I should be).

It felt great the first 6 weeks, when I wasn't using it at all. Now I have more pain in my shoulder and upper arm than before I had the surgery; from talking with others that is not typical so don't let that scare you off. Doc says I have scar tissue that has to get broken up - he said I can't hurt it anymore, but that it's going to hurt (he was right!).

I have about 80% mobility getting my arm up over my head and my therapist has told me that problem is my scapula, which got weak while I wasn't using the right arm as much. But my reach is better than before the surgery and the arm is stronger than it was.

Edited by Beefbiz 2/14/2019 09:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)