AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eaton 18spd growl
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deere dr.
Posted 2/13/2019 23:22 (#7319541)
Subject: Eaton 18spd growl

Have an Eaton 18spd in a 2000 Peterbilt that has a growling sound coming through the transmission. It only does it when coasting or decelerating, so only when the gears aren’t loaded up. Trying to decide if its one of the differentials, the power divider or the transmission itself. Drained all the oils and didn’t find anything conclusive to a failure. Nothing heats up abnormally. All input and output yokes are tight, and I’ve checked the ride height. Replaced the carrier bearing and a u-joint because they were suspect and figured I’d start with the easy. Don’t really know the service history of the truck so I’m not sure if anything’s been into. 700k on it. Power divider works as it should with no odd noises when engaged. Does it in all ranges and speeds but maybe not as not noticeable in the higher gears? Very little in 7th gear (upper right hole) which if I’m thinking right is 1:1?? I know the driveline can transmit noises forward from the rear but my gut is telling me something in the transmission. Just curious about any insight from you guys. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)