AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Else Get These Calls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 2/12/2019 07:30 (#7315443 - in reply to #7314662)
Subject: RE: Anyone Else Get These Calls

Old time story.

Neighborhood guy got called about buying some grain cleaners. He said he would take a couple. Neighboring town used to be a railroad depot town. He got a call his cleaners were in when he got there they showed him 2 box cars full of cleaners. Not sure how that ever panned out or how he got rid of them all.

Another time I got a call about some chemicals. Typical sales spiel until they said how many drums can we send you. I hung up.

Now cell phone has blacklist installed if your not in my contacts it never rings. Home phone I will not answer unless there is a message saying who it is and what it's in regard to and the ringer is shut off.

Latest phone scams are spoofed numbers that seem to come from local exchange numbers. Several have been spoofed, one showed as the local library so people answered and it turned out to be the free trip /resort scam. Several others have been from numbers where the people recently passed away.

Do Not Call list is a joke, phone companies could stop this if they wanted to.

If they enforced the $1000 per call fines on the Do Not Call list and spent it on upgrading lines we could have ALL the nations antiquated copper lines replaced with fiber lines in a few short years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)