AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about Ritchie Bros.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 2/10/2019 17:20 (#7311576 - in reply to #7311524)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Ritchie Bros.

central mich

Ritchies is strict as regards buybacks and on line bidding. So they have the on site ramp sale where items are driven

over the ramp, then sometimes at the same time the virtual ramp sale where by the non moveable items are sold on a screen with the auctioneers in the room, and then some larger items are sold in the row by the auction truck.

Then each day there is the Elapsed Time Sale, these are smaller items that are sold each day and you get a separate bidder number for that. These are smaller items, dead row items, buckets and attachments, tires, These items are
bid on from the kiosts on site, a PC or smart phone. They are ending throughout the sale.

One good thing about Ritchies is it does not cost any more to bid on line vs. on site.

We have a semi load heading to Florida going to Ritchie as we speak. We haul items back out of the sale for people back in Michigan and locations along the I-75.I24,I65 route. My truck is bringing back a stainless tanker trailer I have had in our yard there for several months. I have other items in the yard down there that will be loaded along
with items I buy in the sale. One of my oil and gas driller friends is in south Florida doing some work and he just had two semi loads going to Florida this week. Not sure what they will haul on the return.

Edited by jimgen 2/10/2019 17:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)