AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dead FOB and starting Ford Edge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Super 65
Posted 2/10/2019 14:39 (#7311253 - in reply to #7311209)
Subject: RE: Dead FOB and starting Ford Edge

South Central Kansas
Jon Hagen - 2/10/2019 14:18

tedbear - 2/10/2019 08:44

Super 65 - 2/9/2019 19:31

I found a ford Edge with a key (no push button) and I didn't hesitate to buy it. It works great!

The wireless works fine for me but I really don't see any advantage and wouldn't hesitate to buy another car with or without it. I haven't run into any situations where other "electronics" interference has caused a problem

If given the choice, I would take the keyless system every time. With the fob in my pocket, touching a door handle unlocks / locks the doors, get in and touch the start button and everything cranks up. Park the car and get out without having to remove a key and put it in a pocket and manually lock the doors. The same but in reverse order to open the car and drive away without the fob or key ever leaving your pocket.

That is fine but I have several vehicles out here on the farm that several people drive and the keys generally stay in the vehicles. Keys have a place to go when you get in but no place for the fob thus it falls in between the seats and is gone then you have no idea where the fob is or if it is even in the vehicle, the wife's purse or the son or daughters pants pocket. Just stupid. Old outdated technology, the first truck I drove as a kid was built in 1949 and had push button technology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)