AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did this report show we don't need USDA reports?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/9/2019 08:51 (#7308430 - in reply to #7306606)
Subject: RE: Did this report show we don't need USDA reports?

North Central Illinois
I am not a fan of the government reports but they are what they are. It is the sandbox we have to play in so you learn how to live with it. I've often wished that they would do away with the reports but I also wonder if it is a be careful what you wish for type of situation. I think some people have the idea that if the government reports went away nobody would know what we have or what we raised and prices would always be high due to uncertainty. It just doesn't work like that. There might have been a time many, many years ago when it could have sort of worked that way but even that is doubtful. Today with the technology available to just about anyone with a computer there are no secrets about what we are doing. Look at all the private firms that put out estimates. Some of them are pretty decent and others are not so much. Those firms are not going to go away if government reports do. The biggest upside to getting rid of the government reports would be the cost savings to tax payers. Other than that I think most of what people believe would happen is wishful thinking.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)