AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coyotehunter
Posted 2/2/2019 10:44 (#7292112 - in reply to #7291627)
Subject: RE: Cattle market

redrobin - 2/2/2019 05:54

GOMSK - 2/1/2019 23:43

Short at 126.70 J
Short at 128.50 J
Short at 117.57 M

Would be glad to know where I’ve been short since October, especially since I’ve been bull spread every front month spread since this summer. (That’s not a sign that I was bearish). And for that matter am currently bull spread February April. But I’ll admit I’m bear spread April June from about 9.10 avg.

Edit to add since about December 28th I’ve been bearish. That’s where something happened in my mind that was worth getting bearish over. Took way longer than I thought to put in a possible top. We’ll see it may not be. But I think it is...for now...but not for the year...I’m looking for J drop to the 112ish area. Chart not included. This place doesn’t “believe” in those.
112 ? That would be calling for a home run over the centerfield fence. One never knows I guess. Yesterday swatted the bearish reversal back to reality, butcher cows were higher with reckless abandon, feb gained ground yesterday in the face of the first week of feb contract cattle availability. Runs are smaller down here with plenty of takers. Green fats offered and accepted in the West. It’s not all bearish at the moment.

when you look at the live cont chart, if the 121.X buyers get broke, theres not much but a handfull of minors under that all the way down to 113.50. so its really not as far out of reality as it probobly sounds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)