AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UAN versus Urea conversion in dry soil?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 1/22/2019 10:45 (#7263682)
Subject: UAN versus Urea conversion in dry soil?

ESW ND
Can anybody point me in the direction of studies or personal experience of using 28% or 32% versus urea? In our drier, most times, soil, I was wondering if liquid gets converted over easier than by using dry. Especially beings it's in liquid form already. Does it make a difference between the two? I'm looking into finding a JD either 750 or 1560 and 99% don't have fertilizer at all. By adding liquid, the parts seem like it would be much simpler to replace once some age gets to it. Does adding a liquid system bring any bad side effects of more wear or anything? Of the few drills I found that have the dry box, the sheet metal is in pretty tough shape. Most likely quite time consuming and expensive to fix. I'd sooner have either one, dry or liquid in the soil from the very get go. Takes some of the losses out of the equation right away.
Prefer a one pass with the drill but banding it with a complete separate rig make more sense? I'm only talking about 100acres, so it's not very much and should be cost effective as well. I'm looking to do it for a little bit of grain and mostly grain hay growing. Second crop hay or interseeding for fall grazing as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)