AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnum 275 injector replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 1/22/2019 15:14 (#7264255 - in reply to #7263991)
Subject: RE: Magnum 275 injector replacement?

Tuscola, IL
Smoke/fog and a audible miss would be two of them. But, under the right conditions, you could have one not functioning and won't know it until there is a skylight in the piston. We had a bad injector on an old 1270 Case that was plowing one year. It burnt a hole in the top of the piston and compression got into the crankcase. We are still looking for the dipstick. It ejected and that's when we found out problem. I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the injectors at 3000 hours and having them tested. We used to recommend replacing the injectors on 8.3L engines back in the old Magnums when they got to 3000 hours. That was more due to the fact that they would get stuck than they would fail. Once they were really stuck, you were pulling the head to drive the injector out. Those were enough of a pain, and cheap enough, that you just didn't put the injector back in. Replace with new. These are expensive injectors that aren't all that terrible to pull out. Taking the hood off would make it even easier. But, I'd have them tested before I put a set in just "because".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)