AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Fertilizer Rx Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

red iron
Posted 1/18/2019 13:44 (#7253929)
Subject: SMS Fertilizer Rx Question

Nebraska
I am writing a fertilizer Rx and want to use some soil test grid data as a reference in the analysis equation. We try to grid sample every three years so none of the grid data is over three years old.

My problem is that I have multiple years of data for each field( i.e. - 2018, 2015, 2012), so how do I get the equation to select only the most recent year's data to use? Do I have to move all the old data out of the tree so that it is not visible to the equation? I thought I could select multiple years when setting up the soil test data set as a reference in the analysis, but that is not an option. You can only select a specific year, or No Year. Since each field is on a different 3 year rotation, it doesn't work to just select one year. I really need to reference three years of data to be able to run the analysis on multiple fields. I don't want to delete the old data sets as they are a useful reference on occasion.

I thought about keeping just the most recent soil test data set under No Year for each field and reference No Year in the equation, and then moving all the old data to a "dummy" field that would not be referenced in the analysis. Would this isolate the current data so I can be assured that it is using the correct information? Is there a better way to do this?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)