AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sugar and fert.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/13/2019 11:09 (#7242032 - in reply to #7241859)
Subject: RE: Sugar and fert.

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I still think it was weird to see you post about roquette in your original sugar post. That's about 12 miles from our farm and our main corn destinations most seasons. The stories from the way they are ran because on their ownership would make you wonder how they keep it open. Also blessed for several years on their feed screw ups and sugar disasters. I land applied many a acre with some sugar blends. Took awhile to let them rest in lagoons to get the pH and BOD loading down to where you didn't do more harm than good. But learned from that experience the difference sugar can make. Also hauled off their biosolids from water treatment plant for 4 years. Supplied 100% of our P 50% of our N 100% S and about 15% of K on all our acres and about 3000 others locally. Helped make some huge changes in our fertilizer dollars and allowed us to key in on some micros and timing while still spending far less than our typical program. And I got paid to applicate all our fields and several neighbors. Other than it being 24hr a day product 100hr weeks when spreading and smells far worse than any manure we custom apply now it was a great gig. Also had hydrated lime in it too so with the sulfer and calcium significantly changed our base sats on my farm which were too high. It's like farming different soils after those changes take effect. The funny thing is I went to complain to the company cause they did a hideous job of applying and way to much product and the owner gave me a sample and asked if I would be their field agronomist. Best thing that happened to our farm. Have a good day. I like dex too keeps me in shape.

Edited by DobsonAG 1/13/2019 19:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)