AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Performing work for Crow Indian Reservation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

150pilot
Posted 1/11/2019 08:19 (#7236932 - in reply to #7236279)
Subject: RE: Performing work for Crow Indian Reservation

New London, Wisconsin
I actually have done work on at least three, or maybe four different Wisconsin reservations with my crane business in the past 20 years. I never have had any issues, and have had a long lasting mutual respect with the leaders and workers in those reservations. Sometimes I am called by a tribal leader, but more often by a sub contractor who needs a crane. In my case they have been wonderful customers. Money has never been a concern.

If they don't know you and you ask for payment up front, it's likely going to be a deal killer. If they do know you and your reputation is stellar, maybe that is reasonable but only if you need to provide for a lot of up front expenses. It's not unreasonable to ask to go meet them and learn more about each other. Some reservations are tightly controlled and you need to know the "system" Others not so much. In my experience, it doesn't much matter if I'm working with a reservation,a church, a high dollar resort community or on an Amish farm, I treat everyone the same and it works well for me.

Jim

Edited by 150pilot 1/11/2019 08:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)