AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 vs Pro 700 for simultaneous tasks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 1/16/2019 20:03 (#7250001 - in reply to #7230127)
Subject: RE: Pro 600 vs Pro 700 for simultaneous tasks

Tuscola, IL
I don’t think the Pro 600 will have an issue doing what you want to do. But, I would go to a 700 for a couple reasons. First, right now you can get $1500 for the Pro 600 on trade in to Case IH. Normally, when I take one in on trade, it’s worth $5-600. Case is throwing money at them to get them traded in. Next, Pro 600 software stops at version 27. This software is getting some age on it now and there have been a lot of added features and improvements to the software packages. Not something that may necessarily help you immediately, but I don’t expect a lot of trade up programs for Pro 600s moving forward. You don’t need any unlocks to run the row clutches. Also, I’m going to guess your liquid system is going to run through VT on the Pro. I’m fairly certain it will work with the 600, but I would bet heavily that the 700 will run it better. Also, the 700 uses a USB memory device rather than the card the 600 uses. For me, it makes data transfer a lot easier. Another advantage, if you have a red midrange combine, the 700 is compatible with field view. The 600 is not.

Long story short, I think you’ll get by with what you have. But I think a Pro 700 makes more sense.

Now, if it were me, I’d be tempted to get a food box from ag express and run AgLeader electric drive all through an InCommand 1200. Especially if you’re already using an AgLeader for yield data. But, that’s significantly more than the $3,200 to go to a pro 700. And, although I prefer AgLeader, I think the Pro does a perfectly fine job running and controlling the red planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)