AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

He may need to repack his wheel bearings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 1/3/2019 16:03 (#7217784 - in reply to #7217715)
Subject: RE: He may need to repack his wheel bearings

Kingston,Mi
Dad's uncle and their associated crowd used block and tackle with a tripod to lift one end a time, then place thick boards under the wheels then repeat. Likely they will clear the ice to allow it to freeze thicker then try a similar approach. As the Facebook post said "first idiot" of the season though not the last. I live under the flight path of the Coast Guard helicopter based in Mt. Clemens, so I see or hear it go over for search and rescue on Saginaw Bay. Public safety announcements on ice safety (officially no such thing) have been playing on television since at least mid November, with recommended ice thickness for walking, atv and finally heavy vehicles like that combo. Part of the problem I assume is the current flowing down Little Bay De Noc, the bay narrows at Gladstone and gets deeper, flowing water has thinner ice. He may have had decent ice right up until he didn't. Notice I continually say "he" because women generally aren't the "hold my beer and watch this" adventurers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)