AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 30 series sprayer run completely by AgLeader?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/3/2019 09:10 (#7216970 - in reply to #7216708)
Subject: RE: JD 30 series sprayer run completely by AgLeader?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had a 4720 for a while and ran into this exact thing. My goal was to use the Ag Leader for section control, mapping and running an injection system. This was successful but the rate control was still controlled with the original brown box..

I believe at least part of the reason that Ag Leader did not attempt to work with the rate control portion was that the brown box needed to stay with the sprayer anyway since it is used for other purposes. I suspect there would be some error messages on the Deere side if the rate control components were disconnected.

I got along fine with the combination system. It did require entering the target rate for the carrier in both displays but that wasn't really much trouble. The Ag Leader would shut off sections as the sprayer encountered areas that had already been sprayed. The Deere section switches were rewired to act as inputs and the output from the Liquid Product Control Module actually controlled the boom sections AND informed the Deere as to which sections were ON/OFF. It was as if the Ag Leader system was flipping the original switches for me. The Ag Leader ran the Raven Injection pump via an Ag Leader injection module. The Deere side had no knowledge of this at all.

The Deere system utilized a pressure transducer to maintain a minimum and standby pressure. This allowed the operator to set a minimum pressure to avoid tip check off for unusually low ground speed around obstacles. The Ag Leader system can do this based on volume but the pressure method might be more straightforward for some operators.

Even though it might be possible to handle the main rate control through the Ag Leader, my advice is to "not fight it" and go with Ag Leader's plan. To complicate matters even more, I had an older Raven lightbar in my sprayer. I used this to help guide me on the correct set of rows. This operated completely separate from the Deere and Ag Leader systems although the GPS source was shared.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)