AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about Death and Forward Contracts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 12/30/2018 23:20 (#7208580 - in reply to #7208566)
Subject: RE: Question about Death and Forward Contracts

Southeast Colorado
Story has it that the original old man that owned the land hadn't been paying income taxes for decades. Lawyer came in to represent the estate and was paid to manage it until the tax problems were settled. Have no idea why it has lasted this long but I notice the lawyer's name is now tied into the land ownership name on the latest plat maps. Seems like about 8,000 acres. I would think that the land should have just been sold long ago but it hasn't happened. Lots of it is right in my immediate neighborhood. I heard and do believe that a couple of the immediate heirs were paid some kind of settlement early on to not contest the will. Can't help but think that they followed some bad advice there though. All of the land now is custom farmed by mainly one operator for the attorney. There have been different arrangements through the years but for the most part this same attorney has been tied into this deal clear back since about 1990. Pretty sure a movie could be made about this deal. There are advantages crooks have in working their magic out here in the boonies. No one important enough really cares.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)