AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying drones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Fime
Posted 12/28/2018 08:02 (#7201163 - in reply to #7198019)
Subject: RE: Spraying drones

San Francisco
Positive is such a subjective term when used in a general manner- and with the debates and politics surrounding the food industry (I have plenty but will keep them out of the topic) I stumbled onto an area of drone use via my hobby this past summer and now am in the midst of developing a larger scale project- but not for profit as of yet- too many regs and rules and bureaucracy to wade through to know of it's viability.

I did a lazy and quick search in this forum and didn't see anything but I know for certain what I am doing is not original or new- others are far more advanced and I am looking for them to seek more education- so if you are in the Precision Ag portion of drone use- please speak up or shoot me a message- I am a very respectful and interested person.

A local man who is a friend of a friend operates a spraying company for the entire valley hereabouts and had bought a DJI 550 hex some time back for his business- but he got in too early and the craft is not autonomous and really is a toy compared to what he sees my large AP pixhawk hex can do with telemetry and the android app

He approached me and asked about the ability to survey fields or sections in real time so he could pinpoint specific areas for weed control applications- I instantly handed him my pack a long monitor and fired up the vtx on the hex and donned my goggles and set up a polygon on a portion of the field we met- put the hex at 50 feet and set it on it's mission.

Now we all know how cool and simple that is- but he was floored and I am now building a decent X8 for him with the same setup of a pixhawk and telemetry and fpv- he can arrive at a field- program his android to map the field or section, and then watch his monitor and direct his people to portions of the field.

Actual cost savings in time and gas and other resources, or an inefficient use of them is yet to be determined... but, and you better know the pun is intended, I have high hopes.

Looking for precision ag drone operators and tech folks... I love this stuff!

Edited by Fime 1/4/2019 08:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)