AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3 standard connection issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

cabin fever
Posted 12/19/2018 09:00 (#7181953)
Subject: Phantom 3 standard connection issue

Grimes, IA
Morning everyone.

My 16 y/o son traded perfectly good running Traxxas slash for a DJI phantom 3.

I will start by saying I know very little about drones.

He was told the thing was ready to fly, and every thing worked good. When the exchange was made My son showed up ( I didn't find out this until after the deal was done, but that is another story) proved his car worked fine. The drone wasn't charged, and couldn't be tested. (again I wasn't there, or this would have never happened)

Long story short, but my son did the trade, and brought it home.

We downloaded the app to the phone, charged the batteries. The drone and controller turn on, make the noises, lights up. But it will not stay connected to the aircraft. It connects for about 2-3 seconds then disconnects. The camera does not move at all, even when it powers up the camera feels very flimsy, and wobble around (not sure if its supposed to be that loose?)

We have tried deleting the app, and reloaded. Tried using an Iphone 8+., and and Iphone 6, and both do the same thing.

we were able to get it to lift off using the app before it disconnected, and were able to fly it manually with out the app, so it at least flys, but that app does nothing, and says its disconnected.

Before I get ugly with this guy, does anyone have any suggestions? I told my son to call DJI after he gets out of school, but just curious if anyone else has seen this issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)