AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 12/14/2018 14:02 (#7171238 - in reply to #7171107)
Subject: RE: Well guys

Mid MO
^^^+1000.
Already have premise id in sheep.
If you want a contract to raise tobacco, have to attend a yearly class where they tell you enlightened things like don't put beer cans and cigaret butts in the bales. They aren't going to pay extra for quality or skilled labor, it's a commodity but they are certainly happy to make you waste a day going to Weston and take their class. Don't really want to fool with the 3 ac patch farmer anymore and all the producers know it. 2 options, take it or leave it.

Weren't we talking about .08 hogs the otherday? Used to be hog buying stations and sale barns, not to mention the KC stockyards and the St. Louis Stockyards. All that's gone and it isn't coming back. The packers can and will require anything they want because they have all the power. Packers and stockyards act is 100 years old and has never been enforced..... hmmmm.

This is just one more step in them making all of us their flunkies. We all know that all the education in the world isn't going to change those few morons that do stupid stuff. Everybody knows you aren't supposed to beat your kids, but guess what some folks do and they're going to keep doing it.

Going to take a smarter person than me to come up with a solution. But my hillbilly sense tells me that the folks with the most money and power are the ones that make the rules, regardless of what I think. And I don't think anyone in a position of power gives a rip truely about the family farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)