AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab pros and cons?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 12/13/2018 11:32 (#7168663 - in reply to #7166778)
Subject: RE: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab pros and cons?

Scott City KS
LGR - 12/12/2018 15:23

My old 2002 farm pickup has seen better days. So I am looking at a GMC 2014 5.3 motor 4x4 with 59,000 miles and have read many reviews complaining about rust on the frame and A/C condenser issues, leaking radiators. Also this has active fuel management on it, good or bad? Anyone with an 2014 or 2015 have any issues with this model year from GM? Afraid to drop $20,000 into a truck that is going to nickel and dime me. Plus not be reliable. I have been a GM guy for a long time, but maybe it is time to look at another brand? Why do silverados have 4 headlights and GMC only have 2? Thanks

I don’t mean to bigtime anyone here, but you might check with the dealership on an 18 if they still have any. I decided to trade this year and have never bought new because frankly I’m cheap. However, when I figured what it cost to upgrade in terms of cost per mile a few year old rig with the same trim level was exactly the same. To the cent. Yeah the used was cheaper, but if you factor in the extra miles you’re buying it was the same money. My situation was different - I traded in a 10 with 87K miles (I bought it 3 years ago with 18K) so the numbers may not work out the same. I had just never looked at new because I thought they were too expensive.

I didn’t end up doing it. I found a 15 with 8850 (!) Miles on it and it was dramatically cheaper per mile. So I’m about to find out with you but the 14-18 seems to be better rigs. I don’t have trouble with the lights. They are brighter than my 10.

I fully acknowledge that my line of thinking completely avoids cash flow but that’s up to you.

Edited by Buehler 12/13/2018 11:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)