AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mfp payment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/9/2018 22:36 (#7160923 - in reply to #7160890)
Subject: RE: Mfp payment

southern MN
I think a large part of the Ag country has had a very difficult year, between weather and inputs and prices and poltics and lots of uncertainties looking into 2019.

For example reading your first message a while ago, I wanted to reach through the screen and knock you on the head for suggesting we all had a great year and 70 bu beans. What a joke.....

But, you didn’t mean that as an insult, it’s probably accurate in your back yard? Sure isn’t here.

I know I’m frazzled, I’ve sruggled with 3 years of wet and mud and below average to terrible crops. We have had 120-200% of the rain we need for three years now. Winters suck too, cold. It makes a person irritable, wake up every day and it’s just going to be another rotten day. At least I’m not facing any problems with a bank, anyone out there facing that too is going to take any little word wrong and want to fight back out of frustration.

We are just in a bad stretch here, there hasn’t been any good news in a long while. And then we try to compare to the $7 corn days, and it depresses us more.

So I’m sure you didn’t mean to insult me with the 70 bu bean yields every other farmer in the entire country had, and you didn’t mean anything at all about farms less than 2500 acres not really worth the effort as they don’t count for crap.

But maybe in a tough year (or 3....) you can see where a person in a frazzled state takes that wrong, turns it inward and gets mad about the whole world being against them.

A few hours later, I don’t feel like reaching through the screen any more and bopping you. :)

I’ve said things too over the past months that are accurate here in my back yard, but don’t sit well when struggling in different ways in other areas.

Paul

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)