AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leveling a soybean bin question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 1/1/2019 23:07 (#7213912 - in reply to #7159684)
Subject: RE: Leveling a soybean bin question

Faunsdale, AL
I cut my last acres the day after Christmas and scrapped up maybe 100 bushels to add to the previously leveled bin. That pile had sat until yesterday I finally got in and shoveled it out. Beans are 15-16% moisture but there haven't been many hours to run a fan since they were cut. They still smell and feel fine. I wish they were cleaner. Usually have a lot of fine dirt from ant hills, but not these last ones, the ant hills mostly stuck on the flex head and I had to rake them off every round or two. The custom guy I had in helping me finish was getting a lot of pods and trash off the last field he was working on. I found a section of broken sieve while I was shoveling.

Found out i had some drips coming down the elevator spouting that had wet a half bushel or so, so it was good to get that thrown out. Turned the distributer to an empty hole which usually takes care of the drip. Now, just need the market to improve and weather to cooperate so I can get the moisture down and move these on out!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)