AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So chartist what do you make of this and where is it heading?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 12/8/2018 13:15 (#7157750 - in reply to #7157649)
Subject: RE: Just for the fork guys since they know I'm such a fan

humblefarmer - 12/8/2018 12:15

JP could you give me your thoughts on a Schiff pitchfork. The Readers Digest version please. If you have to write a book please disregard. I know nothing so easily confused. Is there such a thing as a modified Schiff ? I thought the Schiff was already a modification of a standard pitchfork?

Hi humblefarmer,
Basically the difference in the schiff Forks is how the A point is handled. On a modified schiff both the X and Y axis are shifted 50% of the distance between the A pivot and the B pivot. On a regular Schiff, the A pivot is just shifted 50% vertically the distance between the A pivot and the B pivot on the Y axis only. A regular schiff fork might be the Holy Grail, I do not know. I haven't used it in probably five years. But everybody that draws a trend line which is basically every trader in the world, utilizes the modified shift fork and don't even know it. A trend line connecting two pivots is nothing more than the lower or upper parallel on a modified schiff fork. And now you know why a trendline works, it's not because it's a trendline but it's because it's a median line.

Take care

Edited by J P 12/8/2018 13:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)