AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holiday gift ideas for farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 12/16/2018 13:34 (#7175325 - in reply to #7140996)
Subject: RE: Holiday gift ideas for farmers

Middlesex County, Ontario
I bought myself an $85 headlamp a few months ago. Special treat to myself for my birthday. I thought it was way too much money for a flashlight. I wanted something that was quality, bright, and rechargeable.

It was worth it. I use it constantly. On the highest setting its as bright as vehicle headlights. You can drive an open cab tractor around at night with the tractor lights off if you are wearing it. On the lowest setting its like a candle. On a normal setting battery life is about 50 hours. Its waterproof. Its drop proof. It's got a magnet in the tail cap. Its got a pocket clip. I added some magnets with heat shrink to the pocket clip. Its USB rechargeable. Its small. With the headband you have both hands free to do work (you'll look like a dork). With the magnets you can stick it about anywhere you need more light. The lamp itself is about the size of a pocket knife, but a little thicker.

Its classified as an 18650 headlamp. 18650 is the battery size. There are a variety of manufacturers making this style of headlamp. The main differences are the settings, charging options, and brightness levels. There are versions that are twice as bright as this one. I chose this model because it has a completely standard USB charging cord.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 12/16/2018 13:36

(IMG_6324 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_6324 (full).JPG (121KB - 237 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)