AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

agleader autosteer while tiling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/3/2018 07:25 (#7145194 - in reply to #7139213)
Subject: RE: agleader autosteer while tiling

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Not exactly your situation but I had some tiling done a few years ago. We used a tractor with an Ag Leader auto steer system on it to "lay' out several lines. The tractor had a 3 point tool that could be used as a "scratcher" to scratch out lines. In this field, several parallel branches led to a main line along the North edge. It was decided to have these branches 60' apart.

I eyeballed an initial AB line and set the A & B points. I then used this AB line with a swath width of 60' to scratch out the parallel branches. Since auto steer worked in reverse, I would drive over to the next line, engage the auto steer and back up to the main. I would then stop, lower the scratcher and drive forward leaving a mark. I repeated this process several times across the field. The driver of the tiling machine used these scratch marks to help as a guide while manually steering the tiling machine. The tiling machine had grade equipment on it for depth control.

This worked very well for this field since it had several parallel lines. This approach would not work so well in other situations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)