AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at going RTK, what do i need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/30/2018 08:27 (#7137803 - in reply to #7136878)
Subject: RE: Looking at going RTK, what do i need?

East Central, Nebraska
Digifarm also has a BR1 that is the exact same thing and costs less. Last i knew you could buy the br1 and data plan from digifarm for cheaper then the br1 alone costs from agleader. using this option you do not have to use a RTK subscription from them but i would guess they are less expensive then any other provider and have a larger coverage area.

i myself used a br1 all season on my incommand on digifarm. i could not ask for a better solution. this not only works flawlessly for rtk but the data managment is awesome being connected to the internet at all times.

as stated before though you can also feed rtk corrections to the ontrac3 from any source. before i went all agleader this year i used to feed corrections from trimble systems. i used a Trimble 500, 750 and fmx to feed rtk to the ontrac.

unlocking your 6500/7500 is hands down the best solution though in my opinion. i would also recommend not letting anyone talk you out of RTK and moving to just Terrastar, go to the best correction source first like you want. i messed around with satellite based corrections also before i went to rtk and was disappointed. you can get full rtk from digifarm for $900 per year.

if you have a 6500 your looking at about $2k for the rtk unlock if your at the mid level already, $125 for the cable to use the ntrip on the incommand, and $850 for the BR1 with a 1 year data plan.
https://store.godigifarm.com/products/detail.php?id=MD6101-VZ1

here is the wiring schematic from agleader:
https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=afile&EntryID=1616&A...

its super easy to setup in the screen.

Edited by caseihfarmer 11/30/2018 08:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)