AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford and GM stock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/27/2009 19:30 (#586984 - in reply to #586892)
Subject: RE: Comment on the "negative talk or thinking" ~

central - east central Minnesota -

rainbow - 1/27/2009 17:19 Was asking broker opinions on starting to buy shares of Ford and GM on a dollar cost averaging over the next several months. I was thinking it would be a good investment to end up with a couple thousand shares of each. It was the brokers opinion that they had a 70% chance of filing for bankruptcy. Their home office is not recommending buying shares. It is my opinion this negative attitude is what is wrong with the economy. My ag banker is also of the opinion that if the negative thinking would change the economy would turn up. What are others opinion?

Frankly, there isn't enough negative or strong enough talk. Read through the many past posts here by the more informed of their opinions of whats happening with the financial mess the US / world is in and what's to come. Seems Government and news is still promoting how rosie business / financials are (maybe not as rosie as 3 yrs ago, but not concerning). It is bad and young and old alike need to know to get what debt they have, needs to be paid down or off and not to take on any more. Or at least make a plan . . .   

Visiting with a group of the younger generation over the holiday (new years) - (22 - 27 yr olds). Working for Target and Best Buy. They felt very secure in their positions - not to worry, "my company is in great shape". Well today the hammer fell - more job cuts at those companies. Yes - 5 of those young folk lost their job. Add insult to injury, they have vacations "charged", figureing to go on in Feb. Well, they will have the time - but not a wise use of what current funds they have. They all are concerned with monthy luxuries (cell phone, cable, new cars and home) what are we going to do? But still plan on the vacation, cause its paid for. Paid for ? You mean charged ?  Very upsetting for these young ones, but the message just wasn't there, strong enough for them to realize, yes it can and will affect them. Live and learn I guess. None are my kids, so I don't have too much concern for them moving to my place to live . . . .

The day of reconening had to come and charging or paying later had to catch up sometime - unforturnantly, it came on our watch.

Edited by iseedit 1/27/2009 19:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)