AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 & Tru-Count
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/28/2009 06:41 (#587574 - in reply to #587350)
Subject: Re: Pro 600 & Tru-Count

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the clarifications - the planter I am concerned about is not a Red Planter MY2009 so for this planter the answer is mostly NO.

The situation I'm working with is a Red Tractor being steered by a PRO 600. The planter is a used planter that had Tru-Count clutches and Hyd Drive which was formerly run with a 2600 and a Green Tractor. The customer has Insights for other uses.

The customer wants to keep the PRO 600 running the steering although we know it would be possible to have the Insight handle this with a change in Nav II firmware and cable and Autopilot unlock.

The Customer does not want to purchase a 2600 and reinstall the Deere Rate controller. This means a Deere brown box or two could be used to run the planter with the Insight handling the clutches. This would mean that several displays would be needed in the tractor during the planting season.

Another combination would be to have the Insight handle the clutches, hyd control and population monitoring. This would mean no Deere boxes (other than fold) would be needed.

Any other thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)