AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Direct Inject, injection pump inlet restriction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OettingAgService
Posted 11/25/2018 10:03 (#7126210 - in reply to #7125901)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Direct Inject, injection pump inlet restriction

West Central Missouri
We concluded the vacuum sensor was faulty. I made a plug in jumper to suppress the alarm until a replacement vacuum sensor can be obtained.

It is a raven injection system. Earlier in the same day, the analog speed sensor went bad. While this sensor was bad, the motor would simply run full speed anytime injection was active, and the monitor indicated an actual rate about 10x the target rate. I took this to indicate that even in the event of failure of the motor speed signal, the flow signal was still valid. Further study of the wiring schematic shows an analog speed sensor, and a digital speed sensor (seems redundant), which would seem to suggest the digital speed sensor takes on the role of a flow signal (coincidentally, it uses the same connector Raven commonly uses on flow meters). It leaves me wondering what was the purpose of the analog speed sensor, although from experience I know the motor simply runs away if this signal fails so it must be a necessary feedback on the motor speed regulation.

No signs of inlet restriction could be found. The strainer was clear, and if the tank valve was opened while the strainer bowl removed, product clearly flowed freely from the hose. Pump output was also checked on the output side, and while it was not measured, it's output was visually determined to be "ample".

I did determine the Ag Leader alarm was simply an indication of whether the vacuum sensor circuit was open or closed. There appeared to be no more logic than that to it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)