AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at this jd1770 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 11/14/2018 11:17 (#7105233 - in reply to #7104901)
Subject: RE: tks for all the comments - My budget is less than 20K including trucking, so why wouldn't I look

NW KS/ SC ID
jfqc - 11/14/2018 06:56

7000 or 7200 with proper equipment for notill? A lot of these units were used for nt back in the day, would they be suitable?

I'm really not excited about buying this unit, and immediately switching out openers to xp units? Seems counterproductive to me - but I really don't like the feedback from a couple of you guys concerning bearing life and cracks on the max emerge. Do we know if 7000 and 7200 openers are the same as the ones on this 1770?

tia

Chad

I'm headed out for the day to be away from the computer/phone, so I may just leave one final bid, but it looks like I'll be passing this one up.

What is your budget? For a cost effective experiment in no-till, you might look at a late Cyclo CIH. The Early riser row unit is known to be excellent in no-till.
For dead simple, you could also look at a White. The row unit is basically the same as the Kinze and JD, so no gains there, but the meter is substantially simpler (and cheaper to maintain) and is still very accurate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)