AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field IQ raven replacement on spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 11/5/2018 18:26 (#7086986 - in reply to #7086303)
Subject: RE: Field IQ raven replacement on spreader

I'm basing these questions and answers on our setup using a RSCM directly controlling my apron servo.

One of the places that affects the ratdeis the product density which can be done from the run screen. There is a cal number that can be entered either from the 'location' or the 'material'. Make sure you have the proper one chosen. You also need to enter the gate height and iirc also the length of apron movement per encoder revolution. Changing the gate height, density and or the cal number will all affect rate.

What is the encoder constant? Is that entered correctly? That IS a different number than the product cal number. Usually most encoders I have run across use 360 as the encoder number. The ones I have seen are the DJ style ones.

You can calibrate the amount applied in the apron pwm calibration page. It will give you a new cal rate once you go through the calibration numbers and measure product applied.

I chased different product application rate accuracies until I added a gate height sensor. If the gate is opened and changed back with any hand crank, it is very difficult to get the proper rate back. A gate height sensor fixed that. I'm usually within a few percent once I get calibrated for the product.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)