AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I probly shouldnt have worked on Sunday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ih_farm
Posted 10/15/2018 20:53 (#7049150)
Subject: I probly shouldnt have worked on Sunday.

Centralia, MO
I've been baiting the cows for a while to catch the calves.  When I get time to catch them, there is a straggler or two that don't come in so I wait.  Well everyone came in including the wild cow.  After they cleaned up the cubes they wouldn't get out.  Normally I just open the gate and slowly I'm able to sort the cows off one at a time.  So I had to go back to the house and get more cubes and bait them to get them out of the pen.  If I left the gate open to long they would come running back in.  It was the craziest thing I have ever seen.  Of course the one wild cow would just hang in the back and slowly get more excited.  Finally got all the cows out and then the calves wouldn't cooperate, it was like I had thirty bucket calves.  By the time the trailer gate shut on the last calf it had rained enough the wife and I were soaked to the bone and the truck and trailer were stuck.  So back to the house to get the tractor.  I probably shouldn't have worked on Sunday but the way the day went I'm glad we went to the early service at church.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)