AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Integra variety tracking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/4/2018 08:09 (#7024907 - in reply to #7023960)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Integra variety tracking

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have three InCommand 1200's and the one in the combine was moved from the sprayer tractor to the combine. The display that was used for planting remains in that tractor for steering. That means that the variety maps are not in the memory of the InCommand that is in the combine for harvest. Like the OP, I used SMS to create background variety maps which are stored on a USB stick. I leave this stick in the combine display and when I switch fields I choose the lower right box in his picture which at that time allows me to temporarily load the background variety map in that display. This situation would be the same with an Integra as well.

The first time I did this I did the same thing as the OP and did not check the Automatic Region Changing. The system warned me when I encountered a variety change but did NOT automatically change to it. I could have done it manually. I then checked the second box also and now the system changes to the other variety. This worked well for my split planter areas as the system swapped between the two varieties automatically.

I'm not sure why one would check the first box and not the second for automatic region changing but it can be done that way. This automatic region changing can get a bit annoying if the headlands were one variety and the main part of the field another variety. Even though you might be harvesting only one variety for the main part of the field, the system can get confused and switch to the headland variety when you drop the head down and then have to switch back to the main variety. If this is annoying you can uncheck the boxes and not receive the message or automatic region changing back and forth. This seemed to happen with my Insight but hasn't seemed to be a problem with the InCommand.

I assume that the Anhydrous entry on the screen shot was done with the Raven Accu-flow, Red Wrench bought from me a couple of years ago.

Edited by tedbear 10/4/2018 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)