AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 252 or 332
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 10/12/2006 09:18 (#50857 - in reply to #50597)
Subject: Re: Trimble 252 or 332

The 332 has two antennas for gps/non-rtk reception. I think either will do RTK, with a radio link added. The L1/L2 antenna will do WAAS, Onmi-Star, the beacon antenna is the same one used on the 132 so it should also do WAAS. We have both of these. I am not happy with the Onmi-Star antenna performance. I believe there is a design problem here, at least in our application. We experienced lost convergence as many as 6 times a day when running on rough ground. A good day would be only twice. Slowing down helped, but did not cure the problem. It loses the primary gps fix first, this causes Onmi-Star to re-converge, it is a PITA! Trimble said the spreader was rolling bad enough to cause the antenna to lose Satellites. I ran the spreader across our alfalfa field so I could watch the screen, and it was losing the primary gps fix first, this came back so quick I never saw it when working. The angle I hit the borders did not change the gps fix loss at all. It seems that any quick tilt, or hard sharp bump may cause this. The beacon antenna must have a better view of the sky, because it does not do this. We also shook a L1/L2 antenna apart in a couple of weeks(I think, Trimble would not say what happened to it). Our 8 year old 132 antenna has never given any trouble. The outstanding performance of the 132 receiver over many years left me unprepared for this. We run the 332 on beacon most of the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)