AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Road diesel prices.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 9/16/2018 03:43 (#6990489 - in reply to #6990159)
Subject: RE: Road diesel prices.

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
hd6gtom - 9/15/2018 20:43

Diesel bought from most truck stops is ment to be burned in a day or two. Most is not meant to be stored for any length of time. It is usually not premium #2 diesel. Most has no anti algaecide additive put in it, because it is made to be used in a few days. Guys I spent 15 years in the fuel business. Please do your homework before you purchase a huge amount of this and have an algae problem. If you are in a high humidity area, Make sure you have a Pre Vent fuel cap on your tanks, not the old flip over tank.

Im not disagreeing with what you say, could very well be correct that's not the problem. Truck stops fuel has always been cheaper than what I could get tank wagon fuel delivered to my farm for road use . That is no longer the case. I'm wondering what has changed.
I know truck stop fuel is not premium. I furnish my own attitudes for that. And when it comes to my Farm Fuel. No way will I run the cheapest stuff I can find in today's high dollar Injection systems. It just doesn't cents,pun intended.

Edited by nebfarmer 9/16/2018 03:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)