AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PC Update Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/18/2018 12:23 (#6936122 - in reply to #6935211)
Subject: RE: PC Update Question

southern MN
I liked W10 at first. It seemed stable and workable.

Then they gave me minecraft I believe in an update, solitaire changed to nagging the heck out of me I can't even play it when I'm connected to the internet, then software I use changes I need to catch my bearings every 2 weeks, this week I turned the laptop on to see the weather quickly, and it said 56% done with updates, may take a while and several reboots don't shut off the computer. I closed the lid and haven't looked at the laptop since.

How can business depend on such bloated junk?

I have a windows XP machine upstairs, booted it a month ago needed to read a floppy (!!!) and the over decade old XP started up faster than all the updating W10 stuff any more.

The W7 desktop I use is 3 years old, I've never hooked it to the internet, nothing is updated and only minimal antivirus, now that is a fast computer still, it just doesnt have the bloatware and multiple update iitous on it! Yea I know what can you do with a computer not on the internet; word processing and video viewing and processing, it is screaming fast without all the crap that creeps in.

I need to get a new iPad mine is so old it can't keep up; and Microsoft is quickly fading in my view as anything useful. My old slow iPad is more dependable than the bloated W10 that can only spend its time upgrading itself. I buy things to use them, not to watch them endlessly update themselves on my dime.

Yes, I'm ranting......

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)