AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Made the call today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dittfarms
Posted 8/16/2018 21:14 (#6933450)
Subject: Made the call today

ottertail co mn
Called crop insurance agent. Adjuster called me right away, he said he is really busy for this time of year. Getting a lot of calls for silage appraisals. I said I would be ok if it rains on Sunday and we can wait until the end of next week. He said it is a large area calling on corn and soybeans.

This afternoon I thought the corn on one farm had a chance yet, went for a drive tonight and the corn honestly looked like it turned white in a 4 hour time period. I have not had measurable rain on that field for 29 days as of today.

If we do not get rain on Sunday I will not settle on insurance unless it is a really low number. If we don't get the rain it will yield zero...

It is a small area and the neighbors looks n better if not worse than mine. I would say 10 townships maybe. Maybe bigger, I don't get out much anymore.

Ps, I did drive to Montevideo today and any one complaining from underwood to Montevideo needs to take a drive north, you will be surprised how dry it is.

Also, I am not complaining, I have crop insurance for this, but it does suck to raise a poor crop.
Every single person who comes in the yard say, I can't believe how dry you are and I say well it's been xx amount of days since it rained and the all say No Way!!!

Have a great fall
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)