AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Casey's Gas Stations and Higher Ethanol Blends
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/16/2018 10:08 (#6932405 - in reply to #6932403)
Subject: Casey's does offer higher blends

Yes Casey's does offer higher ethanol blend pumps.  Here is a map from a presentation that green plains did about earlier this spring.. that may be of interest.

Arggh photo shop cuts some of the detail off when rotating.. so key takeaways.. Yes Blender pumps are expanding.. so a Blender pump "blends" from two tanks.. mainly an ethanol free as well as maybe e-85.. and it "makes" the desired "blend" at the pump during dispensing.. hence the reason for ethanol free.. gasoline if the consumer wants that.

Usually.. depending on the supplier.. the ethanol source is cheaper.. but the petroleum supplier may mark up the ethanol (aka keep the difference.. arrrggghhh!!) that ethanol is cheaper than the ethanol free stuff.. and put it in their pocket.

"always something."

It looks like we're adding about 600.. 700 blender pumps per year.. right now.. obviously in the upper Midwest where Ethanol is significantly cheaper than non ethanol.. but given the spread that "footprint" should now be expanded...  ;-)

Arrghh.. we need MORE OPTIONS out here in Kansas!!  closest one to me is in Hutchinson.. NOT conveniently to where I drive by..  and yet the largest customer of our coop is an ethanol plant.. the Coop has 4 convenience stores.. but no blender pumps..

.. which reminds me.. I need to call the fuel guy again and razz him on this..  ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Edited by JonSCKs 8/16/2018 10:19

(20180816_101011 (full).jpg)

(20180816_101011 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20180816_101011 (full).jpg (148KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments 20180816_101011 (full).jpg (148KB - 105 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)