AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CMN
Posted 8/16/2018 07:53 (#6932186 - in reply to #6931783)
Subject: RE: Corn Price

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
Hey Buck. Did you get the buyer prospectus from Steffes on the Stockholm township land that's going to be auctioned? It's one of the Ryan pieces that brought big money on auction a few years ago.

Steffes sent me another buyers prospectus on the same piece just the other day. The new prospectus says the date of the auction has been rescheduled from August to late September due to the supposed September sometime scheduled announcement from the USDA about the $12 billion tariff relief program.

I don't know if the owner is hoping his USDA payment will be enough so he can keep the farm another year and cancel the auction, or if they're hoping buyers will come to the auction with their tariff relief checks burning a hole in their back pocket and bid more for the land.

I did a couple $4.00 cash, June 19 delivery corn contracts back in May with CGB Savage. Did a -.28 basis, May 19 delivery corn contract back in July with them hopeing to maybe wind up with $4.00 + sometime between now and then. It will be interesting to see how that decision turns out. I could have got $4.00 cash at the time instead of just doing a basis contract.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)