AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone familiarized with Sentera and Field Agent plattform who can help me gettting started
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

gaulding
Posted 1/15/2019 09:35 (#7246363 - in reply to #6916764)
Subject: RE: Anyone familiarized with Sentera and Field Agent plattform who can help me gettting started

I'm wondering if you have decided what your going to use to process your images.

I have the Sentera single sensor, and have used several of the different stitching packages such as Drone Deploy and Botlink. What bothers me about these packages is that they seem to be moving to annual subscriptions and they aren't cheap. I only seem to find valuable information about 4-5 months out of the year, and it seems to be a waste to pay for the other 7-8 months. Also as soon as your subscription expires you loose access to all your information. I don't mind not having the ability to process images, but it would be nice to still be able to view the previous processed images, even if it required a reduced subscription fee.

I am using Field agent in conjunction with the other services. The much lower monthly fee makes it easy to justify. I also like how it organizes my flights and fields. In addition, I fly multiple fields at a time and often the flights contain too many images to upload to the the cloud services. With Field Agent, I can breakout fields and export those images and upload the smaller group of images to the cloud services fairly easily since I am more interested in the images grouped on a field basis and not a flight basis.

What I would like to know is has anybody utilized the desktop stitching add on in Field Agent? I know it requires 32 GB of RAM which isn't cheap. If I was going to get 32 GB of ram for my machine, I would probably look at upgrading the whole system instead of putting 32 GB on an older machine. What I don't know is how the stitching results compare to the cloud services? How long does it take to stitch these maps and how much processor power is required? I would assume a lot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)