AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best fms software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 8/2/2018 07:30 (#6906815 - in reply to #6906634)
Subject: RE: Best fms software

WC Mn/Dakotas
To me either of those (or any cloud based company) is not the place to "store all your data" in. Store your raw data in its original form manually on usb drives or portable hard drives.

These companies you list are just tools you can pay for to help you use your data. But there is yet to be one that does it all. They all have areas they dont do or dont do well.

As you learn more about precision ag you will learn you want to use multiple systems or other software depending on your task at the moment. If you relyed soley on storing all data in one company and now realize you want to use some other service, your pretty well SOL.

It sounds good when you dont know any better.... Quick, easy, automated, it sounds awsome. However in reality most of these are very basic at best in many areas. They should be viewed as one of several tools you use to help you use your data.

Also the reality is that your going to have to spend real money to take advantage of your data. Yes some services dont offer much to me and i would have a hard time spending $1500/year for. But i have a system already. I have years of time at a computer invested in my data, i have a couple softwares that cost $1600 and $2000 up front. Plus many years of multi day trainings at extra costs, tech service plans. Dedicated desktops, laptops, tablets, and ipads. Gowers are upgrading monitors, adding rate controllers, modifying equipment, hiring vrt applicators, etc.

I zone soil sample, make custom fert recs, make prescriptions, handle growers data, and help make things work in the field, etc...each has a fee.

Its not quick and easy. It wont make life easier. Done right it can make your life more profitable and sustainable. I have found when i get a grower fully on board AND they execute the plan, they are $50-100/acre more profitable than before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)