AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is wrong with my piece of junk 6330?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gregor
Posted 7/19/2018 13:46 (#6880047 - in reply to #6879887)
Subject: RE: What is wrong with my piece of junk 6330?

East Central Nebraska
my newer red one had similar problems where the engine would drop to 1650 or so and would have to play with the throttle to get back to speed. Ended up pressure regulator was bad and had way to much pressure and relief valve would pop causing pressure to be significantly less than what it was suppose to be at. this one had electronic throttle and acted like a bad potentiometer on the throttle but that wasn't it on mine as I changed that first and then it had to go the the dealer to figure out. Don't rule out the filters as My red one is very (extremely) sensitive to water in the filter with the water sensor. Had it dying and only a few hrs on the filters. Local mechanic talked me into new filters and again it would only run for about 1 hr and then not run worth the crap again. This time I flipped the filters over night in the shop and there was a little bit of water on the floor in the morning in the fuel that drained out of them. Drained the tank and put the fuel in my old 105 white. No problems with the white and good with the new one. Every once in a while my red one starts sputtering. I drain the water filter and right home for a new filter and some additive in the tank. Usually get a little water out, like 1 oz. and then it runs good again. Frustrating. I got a nice fuel barrel and I started adding an additive in it just for this tractor. Not a lick of trouble with the other tractors or combines using the same barrel. This on a MXU 110 CIH. I don't dare leave it sit out in the rain either as it might be getting water in the tank that way. This set of filters probably finally got over 20 hrs on them. I have a newer challenger and the rest are 70's/early 80's vintage of different colors. Cabs and features are wonderful on these new ones but sure get a guys gander up when they got a problem and a $1000 really like a $100 bill anymore on a repair and I don't have a clue where to start. My old ones just keep on chugging along and just change oil every year and go and I can almost repair anything on them but the injection pump.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)