AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low Hour John Deere 4255
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Deere scott
Posted 3/15/2019 18:32 (#7382626 - in reply to #6871857)
Subject: RE: Low Hour John Deere 4255

I was told by a neighbor that I might be interested in what was being said about willow Run farms and Kevin Sykes. Between myself and two neighbors we have purchased 8 tractors over the past 15 years. The first was a 4440 with 1180 hours. I went to look at it and found it to be better than I thought. All original paint and tires, very well kept. I bought it for 36500$. I was able to talk to the original owner and he sold it at a consignment sale by auctioneer in Illinois and it had sold for 33500$ a month earlier. The next tractor I purchased was a 4055 2 wd powershift with 3380 hours. I never went to look at it, just bought it from Kevin sight unseen. I was very happy with the condition of that tractor when it arrived. My neighbor decided he wanted to buy a 4455 and called on one Kevin had. We both took the 8 hour drive and take a look. It was as described. Extremely nice condition. He bought it. A friend of mine on the other side of town was looking for an open station tractor and I told him to call Kevin. He did and wound up buying a 4040 openstation. Again none of us looked at it before the purchase but it was a true gem. All the tractors the three of us have bought in New York from Kevin have been just what we were told. The last two though spark some interest and brought me to respond here. Last year I bought 2 from Kevin. A low Houred 4050 cab powershift that I believe is mentioned in this conversation. And a 4255 that I’m sure is spoken of here. The 4050 as I was told came out of western pa from a gentleman that traded it to Kevin on a 4960 so he told me. He did tell me it was lower Houred but that because it had been stored improperly the cab black needed to be painted. He had already painted that but the rest was original. Decent looking tractor, seemed to run great. Late in the fall brush cutting the pto clutch gave out and we split it to fix it. Found that the tractor had accumulated some moisture and the clutch disc had delaminated. I
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)