AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$1,000-1,500 turn key used drone for scouting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/30/2018 13:48 (#6842709 - in reply to #6842301)
Subject: RE: $1,000-1,500 turn key used drone for scouting?

southern MN
What version of iPad do you have? Need an Air or newer I believe, many of us have a bit older and they aren't good enough. If your iPad is new enough, that is a major good deal there, you only need the cost of the drone.

The Standard model Phantom are cheaper, but they have a weaker controller that doesn't fly as far. We say to ourselves oh that's good enough, but honestly for flying over fields a person wants to go 3000 feet or more....... buyer beware on getting what you pay for.

A person really wants to have a second battery. They aren't cheap, to add later. If you find a legit savings bundle with a second battery, it might push you to the edge of your budget but you will end up wanting that second battery.

Most folks want a carrying case, those aren't cheap either. I've gotten along without one, but..... if in a bundle for savings, something to think about. It likely pushes you over your budget now.

Many people here are preferring the fairly new Mavic Pro drone; pretty much very similar features and sounds like it works well, is priced similar, in a smaller package so its way easier to transport around. I am happy with my P3 Pro, but would look strongly at the Mavic Pro for the next one.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)