AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra controlling multiple liquid systems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2018 09:11 (#6842332 - in reply to #6840596)
Subject: RE: Integra controlling multiple liquid systems

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, the Ag Leader displays can work with multiple modules as has been mentioned. When two modules of the same type are used at the same time (such as a liquid module for fertilizer and another for spray), the configuration that you create will specify this. The first time you attempt to use that configuration, the system will "look" to see if there are enough modules of the proper type available. If so, it will ask which module by serial number is going to work with each product. From then on, it will look for those serial numbers and they become part of the configuration and the system will expect to find and use them from then on.

Actually this happens with the simple configurations that only use one module of a certain type as well. That is the the configuration can be created without even being connected to the proper modules BUT the first time you attempt to use the configuration, it will check that there are enough modules to do the job. If there are extras of the same type, it will ask which one to use. If there is only one available (most common) then it just accepts that one and moves on. Once that is established the serial number of that module becomes part of the configuration and the system will look for it whenever the configuration is used again.

This means that it is not necessary to disconnect any extra modules that you may not be using as the system will just use the ones specified in the configuration. If you should need to replace a module with another of the same type, the system will complain that it could not find the module that it was expecting. The newer displays allow you to swap in a different module of the same type. With the older displays you might have to create a new configuration that is similar to the one that you were using but it will not have a serial number associated with it, so it will find an acceptable module the first time it is used and that serial number will be associated with that configuration from then on.

I ran into this when I had multiple systems and multiple displays. I had one liquid module that I considered the "NH3" module and another the "Spray" module. If I was going to apply NH3 but had grabbed the spray module, the Insight wouldn't accept this unless I created a new configuration. This was really puzzling at first until I realized that the serial number was being associated with a particular configuration once it had been used.

Edited by tedbear 7/1/2018 12:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)