AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Division of Farm & assets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 6/25/2018 18:05 (#6833702 - in reply to #6833632)
Subject: RE: Division of Farm & assets

Southern Missouri
Been thru this type scenario till the end,ended up everything fine,when first started farming and took over parents land and found other farms to rent along the way,never really thought much about it one day long before parents died non farm brother and I were talking and I pointed out things I had improved along the way and thought I probably deserved compensation,he pointed out to me some of those other farms I had picked up along the way and the amount of rent I was paying on them was higher than the same old crop share agreement I had with mom and dad for years and that over a period of just a few years they would have quite a lot less money saved up versus if they had put there farm up for rent bids no matter what improvements done or not,he was right no argument and I never thought I deserved anything special out of it again and when split happened after parents I made sure nothing extra went my way,now years later and eventually bought all shares at price they asked and every time anything was brought up I always thought back to the day my brother pointed that out to me and just went along with what they asked and somehow it all worked out and if parents came back today I think they'd be proud of the way all of us handled ourselves.just my two cents and by the way I hear lots of stay on the farm kids complain about their siblings thinking this or that and most of the time I know what rental agreement they have on mom and dads old place and I always want to walk over and say I sure would like to rent that place for what your paying and give you 30 bucks a year on the side to let me farm it,then see if they still feel the same about their siblings but I just smile inside and keep my mouth shut and hope it all works out for them and their siblings as good as ours did,surprising how many times I hear those sob stories.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)