AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good grief is nothing sacred Laura Ingalls Wilder in trouble?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

minn gopher
Posted 6/24/2018 22:18 (#6832350 - in reply to #6831833)
Subject: RE: Good grief is nothing sacred Laura Ingalls Wilder in trouble?

Pine City, MN
Flatulent Farmer - 6/24/2018 18:27

Political Correctness. One of the greatest threats this country faces. It gives every raging liberal the license to strengthen their stranglehold on freedom of speech. So where did the term Political correctness originate? "The term “politically correct” was coined in the late 1920s by the Soviets and their ideological allies around the world to describe why the views of certain of the party faithful needed correction to the party line."

The liberals are like a pack of wolves - they will single out the weakest of the herd and attack them mercilessly, knowing they will win. Poor Laura Ingalls Wilder. Long deceased and not here to defend herself. An easy target for these low lifes, in their never ending quest to prove their mental and moral superiority. And prove their feces have no foul odor.

I would like to offer this comparison of the raging liberals taking out the easy targets. Not too many years ago, the University of North Dakota had a nickname of The Fighting Sioux and a logo featuring a proud and fierce Sioux warrior. The liberals attacked the school, calling them racist and insensitive. I attended UND hockey games where prior to the national anthem, members of the Sioux tribe appeared at center ice in their native garb and in essence gave their approval to the name and logo. However, the Board of Regents at UND capitulated and took away the logo and came up with some wimpy name to replace the Fighting Sioux. Funny though, the sales of jerseys and other gear with the old name and logo went through the roof. I still proudly wear my Fighting Sioux Tshirt, and will never apologize for doing so.

Do these same raging liberals have the guts to take on the Cleveland Indians or the Washington Redskins? Of course not. Even I will agree that there is a certain derogatory nature to those names. So why don't these literary Nazis take on Mark Twain when in the novel Huckleberry Finn, one of his main characters is "N*gger Jim"?

I have long believed that the moral fabric of this country is unraveling at a steady pace. The carnage wrought on Laura Ingalls Wilder is just another thread yanked out.

I was really hoping they would go with Sun dogs.

Also it was the NCAA that basically forced them to change names. Und spent a ton of money to keep the name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)